Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Length of the watch strap for Apple’s series 5 watch.

Having tried on a friend’s series 5 Apple watch it was immediately clear to me that the watch strap was far too small. My wrist size is 9 inches (23cm) in diameter, which is on the larger size. Is it possible to purchase the watch with a larger strap or, if not, to purchase a larger replacement strap?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:08 PM

Thank you ‘VulcanChild’. Having provided my wrist size in the question I guess I was hoping someone would compare this to the ‘Extra large’ sized strap they received and comment.

However, with the help of a friend I have now decided the ‘XL’ is still too small and have sourced the right size from a third-party American company.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 10:08 PM in response to VulcanChild

Thank you ‘VulcanChild’. Having provided my wrist size in the question I guess I was hoping someone would compare this to the ‘Extra large’ sized strap they received and comment.

However, with the help of a friend I have now decided the ‘XL’ is still too small and have sourced the right size from a third-party American company.

Jan 12, 2020 7:31 AM in response to MaxDonald

I am also "larger than the average bear" and as far as I can see, Apple provide 2 straps in XL sizing;

44mm Anchor Grey Sport Loop - Extra Large

44mm Black Sport Band - Extra Large

Go through the "Create your style" process and you can select these to purchase with your watch or just look for them in the straps section to get them on their own.

Check them out...

Length of the watch strap for Apple’s series 5 watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.