Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X’s Camera Shutter sound won’t turn off

My iPhone X’s camera shutter sound won’t turn off even after muting with the physical ringer switch or turning the volume all the way down. Not only with the iPhone’s camera app but with any other third party cameras like instagram, whatsapp or snapchat.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 1:38 AM

If the mute switch doesn't turn off the shutter sound, you may have purchased a phone intended for sale in a country where turning that sound off is not permitted. For example, iPhones made for Japan are not permitted to turn off the camera shutter sound. I can't think of anything else that could prevent you from shutting off that sound.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 1:38 AM in response to akhil_ks

If the mute switch doesn't turn off the shutter sound, you may have purchased a phone intended for sale in a country where turning that sound off is not permitted. For example, iPhones made for Japan are not permitted to turn off the camera shutter sound. I can't think of anything else that could prevent you from shutting off that sound.

Axel F.

iPhone X’s Camera Shutter sound won’t turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.