Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update

I’m trying to update the new software, first I couldn’t because of the storage was full , then I bought some storage from apple, now i have storage, and I’m packed up , so why I can’t update?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 2:52 AM

Amoryalani Said:

Can’t update: I’m trying to update the new software, first I couldn’t because of the storage was full , then I bought some storage from apple, now i have storage, and I’m packed up , so why I can’t update?

———-

iPhone Storage is Not Upgradable:

If you purchased more iCloud storage, then that plays no part in storage on your iPhone.

So, if you are still packed up, then you need to rid of large files on your iPhone — particularly unnecessary files such as iTunes movies, perhaps.

Ridding of them would give you plenty of storage space on your iPhone, in particular for an update, I’m sure.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 2:52 AM in response to Amoryalani

Amoryalani Said:

Can’t update: I’m trying to update the new software, first I couldn’t because of the storage was full , then I bought some storage from apple, now i have storage, and I’m packed up , so why I can’t update?

———-

iPhone Storage is Not Upgradable:

If you purchased more iCloud storage, then that plays no part in storage on your iPhone.

So, if you are still packed up, then you need to rid of large files on your iPhone — particularly unnecessary files such as iTunes movies, perhaps.

Ridding of them would give you plenty of storage space on your iPhone, in particular for an update, I’m sure.

Jan 12, 2020 3:07 AM in response to Amoryalani

I might be wrong because I use an iPad, but I'm pretty sure you need to follow the steps here. I don't know if it works for iPhone though :/. (I wrote out the steps because I couldn't find the link)

You need access to some form of computer. Then proceed to download iTunes on the computer.

Then you connect the iPad to the computer via USB. (USB 2.0 or USB 3.0)

Get iTunes up and click on the iPhone to the iPhone in the top left corner.

From there, it gives you the directions. This might now work because I only have an iPad, but I had full storage and this still worked. Hope this helped!

Can’t update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.