Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory rerset locked iphone6 again

I paid to unlock an iphone 6 bought in the US, using the IMEI of my device. Now, after 4-5 years I needed to factory reset it, and it got locked again. Is there something I can do to unlock it, since I have already paid for it once?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 4:41 AM

I am not sure what you paid and to whom you paid for unlocking. --> Carrier Lock:- Though your iPhone’s original Carrier is not obligatory to unlock your iPhone, but you may know the process here --> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier ...

3 replies

Jan 12, 2020 5:06 AM in response to SravanKrA

This is what I have already done once. I mentioned that I paid for it because it was done officially/legally. The problem is that I reset it, and now it is locked again, so I can't use it. The easiest way is to follow the same procedure again, but it is expensive and it takes time, so I was thinking that maybe there is a way for me to prove that I have already unlocked it, and be able to use it again without having to pay for it again.

Factory rerset locked iphone6 again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.