You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost data from Notes

Hi!

I had a lot of scanned documents in my notes and suddenly almost has gone!

The note is there! and the texts also, but the scanned docs, has been deleted.

How can I get them back?

Please help.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 7:33 AM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2020 6:17 AM in response to zsolt194

Hello zsolt194,

Thanks for replying. Try this in the Notes app on your iPhone to see what comes up: Add attachments to notes on iPhone

"View all attachments in Notes

1. Tap , then tap View Attachments to see thumbnails of drawings, photos, links, documents, and other attachments. (Attachments in locked notes aren’t shown.)
  2. To go to a note with a specific attachment, tap the attachment thumbnail, then tap Show in Note."

If this doesn't help, and you've verified the notes appear on the iCloud website but the attachments are gone, use this to Contact Apple Support next.

Cheers.

Jan 14, 2020 4:26 PM in response to zsolt194

Hello zsolt194,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're missing some of the documents that have been attached to your notes. I'll be glad to see how I can assist.

As a start, try opening a web browser on your computer and then sign in to the iCloud website. Then, click Notes; do you see your attachments here?

Depending on the types of documents, it might also help to check the iCloud Drive section of the iCloud website. Do you see any there?

Also, try a search on your iPhone using these steps: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Are you able to find your documents this way?

I hope this helps get you started.

Have a great day.

Lost data from Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.