Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t use my SIM card

I can’t use my carrier in this phone

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 11:27 AM

It appears that your iPhone is locked to a particular carrier and you are attempting to use your iPhone on a different carrier. Carrier locked iPhone can only be unlocked by the carrier that the iPhone is locked to. Call the carrier with whom the iPhone as initially working with and ask them to unlock the iPhone. There are requirements that need to be met, and are specific to each carrier, before they will perform the unlock.

If you have bough a previously owned iPhone then you will need to get it touch with the seller and see if s/he is willing to help in calling the initial carrier. Good Luck.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 11:27 AM in response to souka90

It appears that your iPhone is locked to a particular carrier and you are attempting to use your iPhone on a different carrier. Carrier locked iPhone can only be unlocked by the carrier that the iPhone is locked to. Call the carrier with whom the iPhone as initially working with and ask them to unlock the iPhone. There are requirements that need to be met, and are specific to each carrier, before they will perform the unlock.

If you have bough a previously owned iPhone then you will need to get it touch with the seller and see if s/he is willing to help in calling the initial carrier. Good Luck.

Axel F.

I can’t use my SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.