Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental control screen time settings get lost after a few days on my son's iPad

Hello community,

I have an issue with screen time settings under parental control which seem to get lost after a few days. I set the screen time settings on my iPad Mini for my son's iPad Mini. My iPad is connected to the Internet/Cloud roughly only once per week (per WiFi), the rest of the time I use it offline. Now, after a few days, the settings for screen time for my son's iPad get lost, and he can use it without any limits :( My son's iPad is connected more frequently to the Internet.

Could it be that the settings get discarded if the parent's iPad has not been online? If yes, does anybody know what the delay would be?

Thanks in advance!

Claude

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 12:46 PM

Parental control settings do not "expire." They would have to be changed ... meaning someone would need to know the password that was set when this option is enabled.

Do both you and your son use the same Apple ID? ... or does he have his own child's account (13 years or younger). Regardless are both accounts on an Apple Family Sharing plan?

Ref:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 12:46 PM in response to cloclolulu

Parental control settings do not "expire." They would have to be changed ... meaning someone would need to know the password that was set when this option is enabled.

Do both you and your son use the same Apple ID? ... or does he have his own child's account (13 years or younger). Regardless are both accounts on an Apple Family Sharing plan?

Ref:

Jan 13, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Tesserax

Hello Tessarex,

Thanks for taking some time to post a reply.

I doubt that someone (including my son) hacked the passcode and deleted the screen time settings. I set up a child account, with an own Apple ID, for which I am well defined as the organizer.

However I do not share anything with my son (Purchase, iCloud storage, Location Sharing, Apple Music, etc.), I just set the Screen Time option to On and configured it. I found no indication that other options have to be enabled too.

Regards,

Claude

Parental control screen time settings get lost after a few days on my son's iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.