Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve been receiving calls on my home phone with an Apple caller I’d number saying my iCloud information has been breached and asks me to hold on for a rep. Each time I hang up before speaking to anyone. Is this a call from Apple or a scam?

I’ve been receiving calls with an Apple caller ID saying my iCloud information has been compromised and it asks me to either stay on the line or call Apple. Is this legitimate or a scam?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 3:55 PM

It is a scam. Apple will not make unsolicited calls or threaten you. Just for peace of mind, you can reset your Apple ID password by going to Settings > Name > Password & Security.

Here's how you can learn more: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies

I’ve been receiving calls on my home phone with an Apple caller I’d number saying my iCloud information has been breached and asks me to hold on for a rep. Each time I hang up before speaking to anyone. Is this a call from Apple or a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.