Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free Subscription and Movie Access

Hi,

I have one year free Apple TV subscription which I enabled recently. But even with the free subscription I am not able to watch any of the movies listed and everything either to rent or buy. Can anyone help me to watch movies or videos free?

Free subscription means free to watch movies on Apple TV right?

Thanks & Regard

Anoop

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 10:23 PM

Movies that say rent or buy are from the iTunes Store and not free. 

Your subscription is for Apple TV + 

Apple TV + is Apple Original content. It’s a channel found within the Apple TV App. The shows included in your subscription will have the tv+ logo on them - those are free. This is not like Netflix or Prime etc,  where all is included in the one App.  

About Apple TV+ - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 10:23 PM in response to LiamAnoop

Movies that say rent or buy are from the iTunes Store and not free. 

Your subscription is for Apple TV + 

Apple TV + is Apple Original content. It’s a channel found within the Apple TV App. The shows included in your subscription will have the tv+ logo on them - those are free. This is not like Netflix or Prime etc,  where all is included in the one App.  

About Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Jan 12, 2020 10:12 PM in response to LiamAnoop

The number of devices and services using the Apple TV name is numerous and a little confusing. I’ll try to explain. 

There’s the Apple TV app- or more commonly just called “the TV app”. This app is free and built in on most of Apples devices. Best way to think of this app is as a big directory for TV content. You can search or anything inside and it’ll point you to the best place to view it. Whether that be iTunes and you can choose to buy or rent, through a streaming service like Hulu, or if it’s exclusive to a service like HBO. It’ll tell you. 

Then there’s Apple TV+- this is a new subscription service that lives inside the TV app and gives you access to Apple owned and original programming. I personally like the list on Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Apple_TV%2B) so you can see what all is exactly on Apple TV+. 

Free Subscription and Movie Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.