Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 longevity

I am thinking of buying an iphone 7, but not sure how long it will be supported?

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 2:34 AM

Hello!

Currently the iPhone 7’s last update will most likely be IOS 14. This is because the current version, IOS13, supports iPhones with the A9 processor and above meaning it will be the last version the iPhone 6s will receive. In prediction, iOS 14 (or whatever it’s called) will support iPhones with an A10 processor or above, of which the iPhone 7 has.

In conclusion the iPhone 7 is still a great phone and will last probably another 2-3 years before it starts to get slows down by Apple. However I know my iPhone 4 still works and that’s from the time of the dinosaurs meaning that iPhones last for long period of time even when Apple stops giving them the latest iOS version

Hope you understand!

Kurt

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 2:34 AM in response to leegustin

Hello!

Currently the iPhone 7’s last update will most likely be IOS 14. This is because the current version, IOS13, supports iPhones with the A9 processor and above meaning it will be the last version the iPhone 6s will receive. In prediction, iOS 14 (or whatever it’s called) will support iPhones with an A10 processor or above, of which the iPhone 7 has.

In conclusion the iPhone 7 is still a great phone and will last probably another 2-3 years before it starts to get slows down by Apple. However I know my iPhone 4 still works and that’s from the time of the dinosaurs meaning that iPhones last for long period of time even when Apple stops giving them the latest iOS version

Hope you understand!

Kurt

iphone 7 longevity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.