Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

international support not working at all when you move from one country to another

I have wiped my Apple TV and changed my Apple ID from the USA to Cyprus. But when I click on content I pay for it says "unable to play content." It shows apps, like CNN GO, which when I download don't play. And the CBS News App says "you must upgrade in order to continue." Click upgrade and it just freezes.

Apple's procedure for someone moving from one country to another is so broken I think I will just create a new Apple ID. I've gone around and around over this issue on all my Apple devices.

Why can't you be simple, like Google or Android? Certain many other people have the same problem.

Apple TV 4, tvOS 12

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 11:53 PM

A lot of US content providers will not allow streaming to locations outside of the US. This has nothing to do with Apple TV per se.

CNN Go in European countries is close to nothing compared to what they license to cable providers in those same countries. The CBS News app is not available in the Cyprus App Store.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 11:53 PM in response to Community User

A lot of US content providers will not allow streaming to locations outside of the US. This has nothing to do with Apple TV per se.

CNN Go in European countries is close to nothing compared to what they license to cable providers in those same countries. The CBS News app is not available in the Cyprus App Store.

Jan 13, 2020 4:57 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Are you guessing or have actual information! CBS News is allowed internationally. It's the only streaming service that has no geographic restrictions. I watch if from Cyprus every day on the app, which I downloaded in the USA or fr their web site.

If you are with Apple you should contact them if it is not the marketplace.

As for the Apple TV the change country feature does not work

,it just says content not available

so I created a new apple if rather than deal with this junk.

You've got a lot of people over here in Europe who move around who have the same complaint.

international support not working at all when you move from one country to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.