Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where has the sent folder gone in mail?

After my last update, it seems that I have lost the sent folder in mail. Does anybody know where it went or how I can get it back?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 2:35 AM

You refer to your last update - but the signature in your question suggests you are using an iPad 2 with iOS 9.x. Both are obsolete and unsupported by Apple. Any device still running iOS9 will be forever “stuck” at iOS 9.3.5/6.

If you refer to another device and more recent version of iOS, such as iPadOS 13.3 (this being the most current version for “supported” devices), then removing the email account from your iPad, restarting, then re-adding the email account should resolve this anomaly. If you are using an IMAP mailbox, you shouldn’t lose any mail - as, by default, your email retained at the email server until intentionally deleted from the mailbox.

I hope you find this to helpful in resolving the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 2:35 AM in response to Soapfly

You refer to your last update - but the signature in your question suggests you are using an iPad 2 with iOS 9.x. Both are obsolete and unsupported by Apple. Any device still running iOS9 will be forever “stuck” at iOS 9.3.5/6.

If you refer to another device and more recent version of iOS, such as iPadOS 13.3 (this being the most current version for “supported” devices), then removing the email account from your iPad, restarting, then re-adding the email account should resolve this anomaly. If you are using an IMAP mailbox, you shouldn’t lose any mail - as, by default, your email retained at the email server until intentionally deleted from the mailbox.

I hope you find this to helpful in resolving the problem.

where has the sent folder gone in mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.