Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Typing in Pages not working

When I type in Pages, the characters don’t appear. The cursor moves, but the letters don’t show up.

also, when I open a previously saved doc, it is blank.

HELP!!

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:10 PM

What do you see if you select the space through which the insertion point has traveled as you type?

If you see the text you typed, I suspect you have somehow set the text colour to match the white background.

Select the text,

click the Format brush and choose Text, then click the color well and choose Black.

Click after the text to deselect it. If necessary, move the insertion point to the end of the existing text, and continue typing.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 10:10 PM in response to cari194

What do you see if you select the space through which the insertion point has traveled as you type?

If you see the text you typed, I suspect you have somehow set the text colour to match the white background.

Select the text,

click the Format brush and choose Text, then click the color well and choose Black.

Click after the text to deselect it. If necessary, move the insertion point to the end of the existing text, and continue typing.

Regards,

Barry

Typing in Pages not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.