Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allow Java for Specific websites only

Hello,

In safari there is an option to block java on all websites by unchecking java but how can I allow java on specific websites that I choose? I do not want to install any 3rd party add-on's but I am looking to modify the system or create something to suit. Any suggestions would be excellent, thank you.

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 3:29 PM

6 replies

Jan 16, 2020 7:16 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello Joseph_S,

I did not explain this in my first post, sorry but what I meant was within Safari > Preferences > Security, it shows "Web Content - Enable Javascript" but in previous Safari versions you were able to deselect Java for specific websites as in the example shown on https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202447

Is there a way to disable java for specific websites as in previous safari versions?

I am a technical person & I am looking for a system or other suggestion that could achieve this.

Jan 16, 2020 12:34 PM in response to Darrenfocused

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, Darrenfocused!

That’s a great question you have about allowing Java on specific websites. If you go to a website and see the Java icon, you should be able to click it to allow it. Be sure you have the correct version of Java installed on your computer by check out this link for Mac OS X information for installing and using Java. You can find out by clicking the link to download latest Java and then go to “Do I have Java”.

Let me know if this help and have a great day!

Jan 17, 2020 1:33 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Javascript is not required to view all webpages. By turning off javascript it will only deactivate the javascript options that are active on that page. An example of this functionality is when using Safari in "Reader Only" mode as this deactivates all other functions and only displays text.

In addition, I wanted to turn off javascript for other purposes as reader mode in safari only displays text but I would like to target other parts of the webpage javascript and prevent it from functioning.

Allow Java for Specific websites only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.