Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you keep downloaded apple music, from a apple giftcard on a samsung phone if you delete the ap?

Can you keep downloaded music from a $20 dollar apple gift card if you delete your account or ap.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 2:40 PM

Hey there BlueBoy123,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have some question about cancelling Apple Music. I’ll be happy to help.

Apple Music is a subscription service. If you cancel the subscription you will not be able to keep the music you’ve downloaded unless you’ve purchased the song from the iTunes Store.

If you purchase a song from the iTunes Store, you’ll still need the Music app to play your songs. Your purchases are also associated with your Apple ID so if you deleted your Apple ID account, you would no longer have access to your music. You can read more details about this here:

Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 2:40 PM in response to BlueBoy123

Hey there BlueBoy123,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have some question about cancelling Apple Music. I’ll be happy to help.

Apple Music is a subscription service. If you cancel the subscription you will not be able to keep the music you’ve downloaded unless you’ve purchased the song from the iTunes Store.

If you purchase a song from the iTunes Store, you’ll still need the Music app to play your songs. Your purchases are also associated with your Apple ID so if you deleted your Apple ID account, you would no longer have access to your music. You can read more details about this here:

Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store

I hope this helps.

Can you keep downloaded apple music, from a apple giftcard on a samsung phone if you delete the ap?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.