Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unauthorized App purchase

I felt like my Apple ID was hacked. I have a Yahoo Mail and upon checking it, I got a purchase of Asphalt 9: Legends on a different iPhone. Can someone help me?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 1:58 AM

A genuine email from iTunes, or just a phishing email ? 

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

15 replies

Jan 14, 2020 9:14 AM in response to homeb0i_Jem

I got hacked too,

It’s from a different phone too, a red iPhone 7, I’m not able to dispute it, just worried they have access to my stuff. My daughter said she downloaded the racing game but it was free thru the Nintendo switch and that was a couple weeks ago. Ugh, I hate being at the mercy of these freakin idiot hackers.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Jan 17, 2020 9:30 AM in response to homeb0i_Jem

I got the same email. I knew it was fake, because there is no credit card associated with my apple id, so there is no way anyone could have purchased anything using it. Also, all my emails from Apple are "Apple" not "Apple Store". I was told it is spyware (a.k.a a ploy to get you to download the receipt so that spy files can be downloaded onto your device). If you have a credit card associated with your apple id, you can double-check the statement to make sure nothing was purchased but don't worry; somehow a list of Apple id email address was obtained and they just emailed those receipts from a fake Apple Store email account hoping you would download it.

Jan 21, 2020 4:23 PM in response to tessa_b333

So you got an email from a red iPhone seven saying that someone in California purchased asphalt legends 9 for 50 $ ? This just happened to me and the email is sent as PDF images. Please confirm. Is this real and what should I do?

On Jan 21, 2020, at 8:41 AM, A‌‌p‌‌‌p‌‌l‌‌‌‌‌e‌ ‌St‌‌o‌‌‌‌r‌‌e‌‌ <donotreplys.scoke-cuheol21188@sibolgareut.com> wrote:

<Asphalt.NumOrder_3564852.pdf>

Unauthorized App purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.