Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

POSIX error -1 - Unknown error: -1

Hi there, I'm trying to compress a folder and get this error "The operation couldn’t be completed. (POSIX error -1 - Unknown error: -1)" I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.2, Macbook Air, the folder is a packaged InDesign folder. Any ideas?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 12:44 PM

I solved this problem for myself!

Some of my font files inside my packaged InDesign folder in the Document Fonts sub-folder were locked. That was the problem. I right-clicked each one, selected Get Info, and unchecked the Locked checkbox. Problem solved.

I found this out by trying to compress the other files and sub-folders inside and they all compressed into zip files just fine. Except the Document Fonts folder. I looked inside to see why, and I noticed one of the font families has EXTREMELY TINY lock icons on them. Unlocking them was as easy as unchecking that box in Get Info. Bingo bango, the whole thing zips right up now.

I hope that helps you!

I'm on a macOS Catalina 10.15.3, Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2017).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2020 12:44 PM in response to AnnaA1

I solved this problem for myself!

Some of my font files inside my packaged InDesign folder in the Document Fonts sub-folder were locked. That was the problem. I right-clicked each one, selected Get Info, and unchecked the Locked checkbox. Problem solved.

I found this out by trying to compress the other files and sub-folders inside and they all compressed into zip files just fine. Except the Document Fonts folder. I looked inside to see why, and I noticed one of the font families has EXTREMELY TINY lock icons on them. Unlocking them was as easy as unchecking that box in Get Info. Bingo bango, the whole thing zips right up now.

I hope that helps you!

I'm on a macOS Catalina 10.15.3, Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2017).

POSIX error -1 - Unknown error: -1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.