Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lifx globe not connecting to Home app

I just bought my first Homekit device, Lifx Mini White globe. Having a difficult time connecting to my Home app. When I scan the Homekit code it takes me to the Connecting screen that says to make sure the globe is powered on and nearby. Despite standing close by and the globe is switched on it doesn't connect and instead I see the spinning dial for 10 minutes before I give up and tap Cancel.

I've tried so many times, restarting my wifi (if that has anything to do with it), trying it on my iPad, resetting the globe, restarting my device and nothing has worked.

I've tried to reach out to LifX themselves but have got no response after a week.

Is this something that could be related to my wifi router or something else?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 5:29 PM

Hey there erahi,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! it sounds like you're running into some trouble with getting your Apple HomeKit compatible light bulb to work. I'd be glad to run through a few items with you.

Let's get started by making sure that the iPhone and iPad you tried to use to set that up are running the latest versions of their respective software. To check that, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If you see an update, we'll want to complete that. Prior to doing so, I'd recommend backing up these devices either in iCloud or onto a computer. Info on both can be found in How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

If you needed to update, try again and see if the issue persists or is no longer present. If you were already fully updated, check to see that Bluetooth is turned on for your iOS or iPadOS device in Settings > Bluetooth. Were it to be off, we'd want to enable it. Also, go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud and make sure that Home and Keychain are both checked as on.

Download the native app for the light bulb from the manufacturer and check for updates for this device. If an update is available, be sure to keep the device on and nearby until the update finishes.

Hope that helps!

Have a great rest of your day.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 5:29 PM in response to erahi

Hey there erahi,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! it sounds like you're running into some trouble with getting your Apple HomeKit compatible light bulb to work. I'd be glad to run through a few items with you.

Let's get started by making sure that the iPhone and iPad you tried to use to set that up are running the latest versions of their respective software. To check that, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If you see an update, we'll want to complete that. Prior to doing so, I'd recommend backing up these devices either in iCloud or onto a computer. Info on both can be found in How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

If you needed to update, try again and see if the issue persists or is no longer present. If you were already fully updated, check to see that Bluetooth is turned on for your iOS or iPadOS device in Settings > Bluetooth. Were it to be off, we'd want to enable it. Also, go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud and make sure that Home and Keychain are both checked as on.

Download the native app for the light bulb from the manufacturer and check for updates for this device. If an update is available, be sure to keep the device on and nearby until the update finishes.

Hope that helps!

Have a great rest of your day.

Lifx globe not connecting to Home app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.