Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 restore

Hello,

My iphone 7 randomly shut down on me as I was using it. The screen gradually faded to black, and it won't turn back on for me (I've tried holding down the side button and volume button for a few minutes...) I've also tried plugging it in to charge for an hour.... I've tried plugging it into my macbook pro (sometimes my mac recognises the iphone, other times it doesnt) and when I restore it - it just gives me an error (10) message on my macbook screen in itunes....

I don't know what else to do,

Please help!! :(

Thanks,

Kate Doherty

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 1:34 AM

Hi Kate,

in such a situation, I would suggest to try again a "forced" restart of your 7, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If you still can't turn it on, make an appointment at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your iPhone / battery checked:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 1:34 AM in response to Helpmeplz7

Hi Kate,

in such a situation, I would suggest to try again a "forced" restart of your 7, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If you still can't turn it on, make an appointment at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider and have your iPhone / battery checked:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Jan 15, 2020 8:28 AM in response to Helpmeplz7

Hi Kate,

I have no magical powers to help you remotely, and I believe that the correct diagnosis can only be made in person. You could make (in Hanoi) some other attempt to visit other authorized dealers or repairers and also hear their opinion, perhaps explaining that your iPhone was purchased in Ireland less than a year ago, therefore trying to get some better help (maybe someone of them can offer you a regenerated and functioning device at an advantageous price. Just in case, I leave you this list of dealers in Vietnam:-> https://locate.apple.com/vn/en/

Unfortunately I can't do anything better.

I wish you the best of luck.

Giulio

Jan 15, 2020 6:37 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi Giulio,

Thanks for your help. I brought it to a repair shop in Hanoi Vietnam (an authorised one) and the guy is saying that the 'logic board' is the problem, and it's an expensive job - 90 dollars around.... I'm really confused as to how this has happened my iPhone as I bought it brand new in Ireland less than a year ago?

The guy in the repair shop in Hanoi is telling me theres a 70/30 chance it'll work - Have you any further advice?

I really don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Kate

iphone 7 restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.