You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS12.4.4 download for iPad Air2

Is iOS12.4.4 the latest iOS12 for iPad Air 2 ? How can I update my iPad to the latest iOS12 ? I suspect the iPadOS 13 to be riddled with bugs similarly to iOS13 hence I would like to avoid it.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 1:43 PM

If you own an iPad Air 2, your ONLY option is to upgrade to the very latest iPadOS, which is currently, iPadOS 13.3.

You cannot upgrade that iPad model to any other iOS version.

You can, also, choose NOT to upgrade, at all, for awhile until iPadOS 13 get more stable.

I am still using iOS 10.3.3 on my own 4-year old iPad Pro.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2020 1:43 PM in response to Pjphilippe

If you own an iPad Air 2, your ONLY option is to upgrade to the very latest iPadOS, which is currently, iPadOS 13.3.

You cannot upgrade that iPad model to any other iOS version.

You can, also, choose NOT to upgrade, at all, for awhile until iPadOS 13 get more stable.

I am still using iOS 10.3.3 on my own 4-year old iPad Pro.

iOS12.4.4 download for iPad Air2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.