Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parts of touchscreen not working

I have the iPhone XS Max and a few days ago some pass of touchscreen has stopped working, like 2 small areas. Which make it hard to type and use certain applications.

The screen itself is not smashed or broken and I’ve not dropped my phone recently either. Does anyone know what’s wrong and how much Id have to pay to fix it?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 5:24 PM

You wouldn't happen to be using some sort of case with a protective cover over the touchscreen would you? The only thing I can think of is that I had an Otterbox Defender case and once I thought my touchscreen was malfunctioning in a certain area. However, it had trapped a little bit of liquid (which didn't damage the screen) and that was interfering with the function. I couldn't even see the liquid until I disassembled it and dried it off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 5:24 PM in response to ekagb96

You wouldn't happen to be using some sort of case with a protective cover over the touchscreen would you? The only thing I can think of is that I had an Otterbox Defender case and once I thought my touchscreen was malfunctioning in a certain area. However, it had trapped a little bit of liquid (which didn't damage the screen) and that was interfering with the function. I couldn't even see the liquid until I disassembled it and dried it off.

Parts of touchscreen not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.