Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you punctuate using Siri?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 1:02 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, TxGringo!

I see you have questions about using punctuation with Siri, and I’d be happy to help.  Using Siri for punctuation is the same as using punctuation with Dictation.  You can read more about the process under “Use punctuation and formatting” at: Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, you'd want to verbalize the punctuation while speaking. So you'd want to end the sentence by saying "period" or add a comma by saying "comma".

I hope that helps, and thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 1:02 PM in response to TxGringo

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, TxGringo!

I see you have questions about using punctuation with Siri, and I’d be happy to help.  Using Siri for punctuation is the same as using punctuation with Dictation.  You can read more about the process under “Use punctuation and formatting” at: Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, you'd want to verbalize the punctuation while speaking. So you'd want to end the sentence by saying "period" or add a comma by saying "comma".

I hope that helps, and thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.