Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On an iPad Pro, how do I get a trendline with equation on a scattergraph

I bought an iPad Pro in Sept 2019. I‘d like to use Numbers instead of Excel for lab work.

At the moment, I am trying to build a scatter-chart, then determine the line of best /trendline WITH an equation. I have seen this done on a PC running Excel, I believe it’s possible to do this on Numbers on a MacBook Pro (which I don’t have with me). I can’t find any recent related questions on this subject from the last 2-years. I want to know if it’s possible on this version of the iPad Pro.

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 6:09 PM

1 Enter x-data in the first non shaded row; Enter corresponding y-values in the adjacent row

2 Select all of the data

3 On the top of the page press "+" (While the x and y data are still selected)

4 Select the scatter plot - its the one with the + signs for the points. (The adjacent one does a scatter with the poi's connected by a line, but it isn't a trend line)

5 Tap on the resulting scatter plot and select "edit series" then >Trendline>Type>Linear (or whichever...)

6 When you go back to the Trendline dialog (press <Trendline) you can select equation (or R2) for adding to the plot

I hope this makes sense.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2020 6:09 PM in response to Who-Zee-Whatz-Zit

1 Enter x-data in the first non shaded row; Enter corresponding y-values in the adjacent row

2 Select all of the data

3 On the top of the page press "+" (While the x and y data are still selected)

4 Select the scatter plot - its the one with the + signs for the points. (The adjacent one does a scatter with the poi's connected by a line, but it isn't a trend line)

5 Tap on the resulting scatter plot and select "edit series" then >Trendline>Type>Linear (or whichever...)

6 When you go back to the Trendline dialog (press <Trendline) you can select equation (or R2) for adding to the plot

I hope this makes sense.

On an iPad Pro, how do I get a trendline with equation on a scattergraph

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.