Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received an email from Apple saying I purchased a video game. I did not how can I find out if this is valid or a scam.

Received an email from Apple saying I purchased a video game. I did not how can I find out if this is valid or a scam.

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 6:54 PM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2020 2:40 PM in response to Cha-ChasMom

Hi Cha-ChasMom,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've received a suspicious email that is supposedly from Apple, and you'd like to know how to tell if it's legitimate.

I'm glad to help with this.

You can generally tell if an email is a phishing attempt if

• You don't recognize the information it refers to
  • If the email gives you a link asking for personal information
  • If the grammar and spelling is incorrect.

This is a great article about how to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store

If you believe that you have given away any personal information because you clicked on a link or entered a password from that link, you should change your Apple ID password: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

And this article has valuable information about avoiding scams and keeping your information safe, as well as how to forward phishing emails to Apple: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Best Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.