You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone SE popping /clicking sound when pressing on the middle left side of the screen

My iPhone SE screen makes these clicking / popping noises when i put moderate pressure on the left side of the screen near Q and W from the keyboard and a little above that and a little popping noise also comes like in the middle of the screen,  you can only notice it when you put pressure down in a certain spot, the clicking comes and goes - it's not doing it all the time.

you can hear/feel the pop if you are in a quiet room, you can hear/feel the pop when the phone hasn't been used in a while, ie mornings, as if the screen is elevated or loose on the left. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so how did you fix it?

Just wondering if this is common, if anyone else has this?

or is just a defective design on the iphone SE ?

here is a video illustration of my phone https://youtu.be/rsbl3FF5-jE

red color = very high popping sound

yellow = no- to very little popping sound

green = no - to extremely little popping sound, almost non existing popping sound.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 6:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 6:32 PM

Hello, andrevincent!

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are having an issue with your display producing a popping noise. I am often on my phone throughout the day and certainly understand how this might be a nuisance. I am here to help.

This would be something that would most likely need to be inspected by a technician to determine if the display or phone need to be serviced. You can find more information here regarding iPhone Repair and Service

I hope this helps and you have a fantastic weekend.

Cheers!

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2020 6:32 PM in response to andrevincent

Hello, andrevincent!

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are having an issue with your display producing a popping noise. I am often on my phone throughout the day and certainly understand how this might be a nuisance. I am here to help.

This would be something that would most likely need to be inspected by a technician to determine if the display or phone need to be serviced. You can find more information here regarding iPhone Repair and Service

I hope this helps and you have a fantastic weekend.

Cheers!

Mar 29, 2020 3:54 AM in response to andrevincent

I replied to this a few days ago and have switched off all my app sound alerts. I took off my phone cover. Still got the pops!

this morning tried ‘messenger’ video call was ignored. Kids! Anyway, son in law messaged back and I heard the ‘pop’! No sign of this in notifications and it’s connected to Facebook. Investigations continue.

iphone SE popping /clicking sound when pressing on the middle left side of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.