Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail-How to Find/Delete Attached Word Documents Saved in Inaccessible system folders MacOS Catalina

In Mail I opened a Word Document attachment and then Saved it instead of Saving As. The Save placed it in what appears to be a temporary folder. But I suspect it is not a temporary folder. How do I access those folders to delete the saved file and other files I have accidentally saved to these system generated folders. I think there may be several.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 10:59 AM

Dadzcanoe wrote:

In Mail I opened a Word Document attachment and then Saved it instead of Saving As. The Save placed it in what appears to be a temporary folder. But I suspect it is not a temporary folder. How do I access those folders to delete the saved file and other files I have accidentally saved to these system generated folders. I think there may be several.

Save it again and this time look at the path it is saving to.

View, save, or delete email attachments in Mail on Mac ..

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 10:59 AM in response to Dadzcanoe

Dadzcanoe wrote:

Save it again and this time look at the path it is saving to.

View, save, or delete email attachments in Mail on Mac ..

Jan 15, 2020 1:27 PM in response to leroydouglas

I did that. But I can't find the folders using Finder. From the MS Word file Save As dialog I can trace a path to the Library in my User folder. The MS Word dialog displays a folder Mail Downloads, immediately below a Mail folder and above a file PDF Services and folder Preferences. The path from the Finder screen is my User folder, the folders containing Pictures, Documents, etc and I made Library visible. Drilling down through the library I can see the Mail and Maps folder and other folders not displayed in the Word Save as dialog, but no Mail Downloads.

Mail-How to Find/Delete Attached Word Documents Saved in Inaccessible system folders MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.