Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirror/airplay from iPad to Apple TV

"This video is in a format which can't be streamed to this tv"...I am getting this when trying to airplay apple rental movie (downloaded to iPad) from iPad to Apple TV. ....Why? How to fix, and why no support from Apple, it is all their stuff.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 11:56 AM

If other movies are streaming ok then it is an issue isolated to this particular title. You said you rented this film a couple days ago, so if you had already started playback then that 48 hours would have been a factor.

There is no issue with rentals in general, it continues to work fine on my system and for the majority. You would need to contact iTunes to investigate what is occurring on your system.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 11:56 AM in response to Edwinernest

If other movies are streaming ok then it is an issue isolated to this particular title. You said you rented this film a couple days ago, so if you had already started playback then that 48 hours would have been a factor.

There is no issue with rentals in general, it continues to work fine on my system and for the majority. You would need to contact iTunes to investigate what is occurring on your system.

Jan 18, 2020 6:58 AM in response to Edwinernest

You did not mention if you have tried to stream other movies. If you had started playback on the rental then you only have 48 hours to view it. As it is also occurring on the iPad then the issue is not with Apple TV/airplay. Everything is working fine on my system and for most, whatever is occurring is either isolated to this particular title or something on your system.

Jan 18, 2020 11:32 AM in response to vazandrew

Thank you for your ongoing help. Other movies are streaming okay, and the rentals are well within their time frames. All software is up to date with latest and all other wifi is working in my system. It seems problems are only happening with Apple rentals. We don’t watch many movies so I think the best way is to give up for a while until Apple sort out the new TV app.

Mirror/airplay from iPad to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.