Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IDTech UniMag 2 headphone jack card reader no longer working with iOS update

I run IDTech UniMag 2 card readers through the headphone jack to capture credit card swipes using POS Lavu, and after the iOS update to 13 the card readers no longer work. Headphones and speakers work, just not the card readers. Please advise.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 10:09 AM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2020 12:06 PM in response to brownsadaat

Hello brownsadaat,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand there are issues with card readers using the headphone jack. I'll do what I can to help.

Here are some suggestions if you're using just one specific device:

1. Back up your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
    2. Restore the iPhone to factory settings using a computer: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support
    3. Set up the iPhone as new to test if the behavior still happens.

If it does happen when set up as new, reach out to the Apple Support team: Contact Apple Support

If it doesn't, try restoring your backup to see if it happens again: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you're using more than one device, try backing up then updating all devices to the latest version (13.3) and trying again: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Kind regards.

IDTech UniMag 2 headphone jack card reader no longer working with iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.