Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I merge all my devices so when I input on one device shows on the others?

How do I merge all my devices so when I input on one device shows on the others?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 5:50 PM

Merging is not the term I would use for this.

This is what would be called syncing. This is done by using the same Apple ID for iCloud on each device.

When you do this, you can selectively sync various content in each device's settings. When elected, that content type is synced to iCloud and then to each device separately.

So the devices do not directly talk to each other, but talk to iCloud and sync that way.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 5:50 PM in response to busycamera

Merging is not the term I would use for this.

This is what would be called syncing. This is done by using the same Apple ID for iCloud on each device.

When you do this, you can selectively sync various content in each device's settings. When elected, that content type is synced to iCloud and then to each device separately.

So the devices do not directly talk to each other, but talk to iCloud and sync that way.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.