Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t remember my iPhone passcode. If I do “Account Recovery” will I still keep all the data I have?

I can’t remember my iPhone passcode and I want to know if “Account Recovery” will let me keep all my stored data.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 2:49 PM

You forgot the passcode or Apple ID password? If you forgot the passcode, there isn't any account recovery.

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If you forgot the password, you should keep all data after doing an Account Recovery.

2 replies

Jan 21, 2020 4:23 AM in response to Rebecca1KS

Does account recovery ever work? I forgot the password for my apple id.  The id is associated with an iphone 7 plus which has an activation lock.  I switched carriers on Nov 20 and have been working with apple care since trying to complete the apple id recovery process.  After waiting 33 days for instructions I learned that apple care had told me to use the phone number that was associated with the apple id even though this number could not be activated.  I called apple care and was told that the only thing to do was to start the process again.   I was then told it would be another 28 days and I would receive instructions on a phone number that is activated.  I had been using my laptop to access iforgot.apple.com to check the number of days left.  Today I used my iphone 7 to check and the process started all over.  The phone that I am trying to activate is my wife’s phone.  When I called apple care today they told me that if you check the status of recovery from a different device then the process starts all over.  I cannot understand why it has taken 62 days and the password is still not reset and it looks like it may be another 28-33 days to wait.  I take full responsibility for forgetting the password but there should be some way to reset the password for an apple id that is associated with a phone that is not activated.  This problem started when I switched our phones from Sprint to Verizon.  I was able to activate my iphone 7 plus but not my wife’s.  Please help if you can.

I can’t remember my iPhone passcode. If I do “Account Recovery” will I still keep all the data I have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.