Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone restarted i always use fingerprint access .... i have forgotten my password and it wont allow fingerprint

Anybody that knows how to get out of this

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 4:13 PM

You will have to connect your iPhone to your home computer and erase it using iTunes. It is very important to remember your passcode as it is required after iOS updates, if you reboot your iPhone or turn it off and back on. Write this very important code down somewhere for easy recall.

This link explains how to erase using your computer and iTunes --> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 4:13 PM in response to AdrianMetcalf

You will have to connect your iPhone to your home computer and erase it using iTunes. It is very important to remember your passcode as it is required after iOS updates, if you reboot your iPhone or turn it off and back on. Write this very important code down somewhere for easy recall.

This link explains how to erase using your computer and iTunes --> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

My phone restarted i always use fingerprint access .... i have forgotten my password and it wont allow fingerprint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.