Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not receiving calls

i have an iphone 8 plus ios 13.3 but i do not receive all of the calls . airplane , do not disturb & phone forwarding is off. I have no idea why i do not receive some calls.

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 9:47 PM

Take your SIM card out and then put it back in.

Check to see if Silence Unknown Callers is turned on under Settings > Phone. If the setting is on, a caller must be listed in your Contacts or Recents. Or they must have shared their number in Mail or sent you a message using that number in order for their call to go through. Add their number to Contacts to ensure the phone rings. Calls from some third-party apps might not go through. Or just turn this option off.

Calls are going through your carrier network, so I highly recommend contacting your carrier on this if none of the above resolves an issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2020 9:47 PM in response to amani183

Take your SIM card out and then put it back in.

Check to see if Silence Unknown Callers is turned on under Settings > Phone. If the setting is on, a caller must be listed in your Contacts or Recents. Or they must have shared their number in Mail or sent you a message using that number in order for their call to go through. Add their number to Contacts to ensure the phone rings. Calls from some third-party apps might not go through. Or just turn this option off.

Calls are going through your carrier network, so I highly recommend contacting your carrier on this if none of the above resolves an issue.

not receiving calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.