Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam in my calendar

I have spam in my calendar.. I won’t to stopped

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 2:01 PM

If you go to Calendars at the bottom of the screen there, do you see a calendar listed that matches the color of these events? If you see a strange calendar there under Other or Subscribed, can you uncheck it? Then you may want to check, it seems they get will add a strange mail account. Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts and see if you find a strange email account there. It may be where the calendar syncing is coming from. Delete the account from there. You will also want to check Settings>General>Profiles, and see if there is anything unusual listed there.

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 2:01 PM in response to abdulla110

If you go to Calendars at the bottom of the screen there, do you see a calendar listed that matches the color of these events? If you see a strange calendar there under Other or Subscribed, can you uncheck it? Then you may want to check, it seems they get will add a strange mail account. Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts and see if you find a strange email account there. It may be where the calendar syncing is coming from. Delete the account from there. You will also want to check Settings>General>Profiles, and see if there is anything unusual listed there.

Feb 4, 2020 10:31 AM in response to gillan2020

No, it means that you gave permission for someone to install a calendar on your phone. The calendar is just annoying; it has no access to anything on your phone other than to display ads masquerading as calendar events. It has nothing to do with hacking. Your phone is safe, but in the future don’t be so fast to fall for scams like this one. No one can install anything on your phone unless you tap “Allow” when you see a dialog asking for permission to do anything. Other things to keep your phone safe:

Jan 17, 2020 2:00 PM in response to abdulla110

You probably authorized installation of a profile on your phone. Go to Settings/General and scroll to the bottom. If you see an entry for Profiles just below the VPN entry tap on it, tap on the profile, and delete it.

Here is more information on this invasion of privacy—>Spam In your Calendar? Here’s What to Do. — Krebs on Security

Spam in my calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.