Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot unlock iphone after activating AssistiveTouch

I recently activated the AssistiveTouch in function of my Home Button being broken. However, after activating it, my screen just doesnt Works, and when I tried to restart the iphone, the locked screen just doesnt Works. There is a blue selection line that bounces of in each of the screen features (which I presume to be an acessibility feature). After doing some research though, the only answer I got was that I needed to press the home button three times, but it is broken. So, is there any other way to solve this issue?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 4:49 PM

No, you will have to get the hardware repaired or replaced. When you restarted, assistive touch isn’t loaded until you login back in with the screen lock passcode, which requires a functioning home button to get to.

It’s always been that way - for devices with a home button, at some point it is an essential and necessary hardware control. Assistance touch is not a permanent solution for a dead home button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 4:49 PM in response to milesupshur1987

No, you will have to get the hardware repaired or replaced. When you restarted, assistive touch isn’t loaded until you login back in with the screen lock passcode, which requires a functioning home button to get to.

It’s always been that way - for devices with a home button, at some point it is an essential and necessary hardware control. Assistance touch is not a permanent solution for a dead home button.

Cannot unlock iphone after activating AssistiveTouch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.