Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So how do I contact the previous owner? I am an innocent victim. I bought a phone and now am stuck with it. I'd be willing to return it to the owner or pay them to unlock it. Please help!

So how do I contact the previous owner? I am an innocent victim. I bought a phone and now am stuck with it. I'd be willing to return it to the owner or pay them to unlock it. Please help!

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 6:31 PM

It appears that you bought an iPhone and that you cannot activate it because it is activation lock. You therefore either need the original owner to unlock it by removing it from his/her Apple ID or you need that person's Apple ID and Password. There is no way around this. Where did you buy the iPhone? Best thing to do is to return it and get a refund. If you cannot get a hold of the seller then I am sorry to say that you will have a non-working iPhone in your possession.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2020 6:31 PM in response to Lostmymindthistime

It appears that you bought an iPhone and that you cannot activate it because it is activation lock. You therefore either need the original owner to unlock it by removing it from his/her Apple ID or you need that person's Apple ID and Password. There is no way around this. Where did you buy the iPhone? Best thing to do is to return it and get a refund. If you cannot get a hold of the seller then I am sorry to say that you will have a non-working iPhone in your possession.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.