Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing your library is stuck

Hi there, I had some issues with my iPhone XS where over 50% of my 256gb storage was being used up by ‘other’. I backed up everything on my phone to my Mac , erased it all, restored my phone with my Mac and got my space back. All good until I opened Music. It sits on “Syncing your library” and does nothing. I left it over night to do its thing and still nothing happening. I saw another thread where they said to download the IPSW and reinstall the iOS that way. Followed the very straight forward process and still nothing. Please help me. This is driving me nuts.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 2:54 PM

Hello PaulFromThe90s,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are having an issue syncing your music library. I'm happy to help you find some information.

Here are a few resources that can assist you with information:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

If your songs are grayed out

Specifically, the section on " If it's taking a long time to upload your music library."

If you are still having issues after reviewing the links, please let me know.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 2:54 PM in response to PaulFromThe90s

Hello PaulFromThe90s,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are having an issue syncing your music library. I'm happy to help you find some information.

Here are a few resources that can assist you with information:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

If your songs are grayed out

Specifically, the section on " If it's taking a long time to upload your music library."

If you are still having issues after reviewing the links, please let me know.

Have a great day!

Syncing your library is stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.