Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps voice directions doesn't work when bluetooth is on

I have an iPhone 11 with the latest iOS updates. Apple Maps seems to need to have bluetooth turned off in order for the voice navigation to work. Otherwise, all I get is the visual display on the phone -- not good when you're trying to keep your eyes on the road.

I've tried turning bluetooth on and off several times. I'm trying to use bluetooth to connect to my car's speaker system. Using the car's speaker system, I can make and receive phone calls when bluetooth is on. But Maps doesn't seem to like bluetooth. I've thought about doing a Reset. Will I lose my contacts?

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 11:14 AM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2020 8:39 AM in response to sshibel

Hello, sshibel.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you're unable to get voice directions to work with your car. I'd be glad to help. Check out this article: Use Maps with a Bluetooth accessory on your iPhone and iPad

"Allow Navigation Voice Prompts

Hands-free profile (HFP) allows navigation prompts to play through your car speakers when iPhone isn't selected as the audio source. If you don't see the HFP option, your car stereo might not support it. Check the user guide for your car to see if your stereo supports HFP.

If you don't see the HFP setting when your iPhone is connected to your stereo, check with the stereo manufacturer. The HFP feature depends on your car stereo".

Best regards.

Apple Maps voice directions doesn't work when bluetooth is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.