Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to own a phone for Apple Watch

I was wondering if I didn’t have a iPhone or any type of phone would it be possible to buy the Apple Watch and use data/ Cellular plan for it to work or do I have to own a phone if some sort to use the Apple Watch

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 3:17 PM

To be very clear. You Must have an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer to use an Apple Watch. The Apple Watch is an iPhone accessory.

The cellular models share the iPhone's phone number. iPhone carriers that support the Apple Watch will charge a monthly fee to share the iPhone phone number. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month added to the iPhone monthly bill.

iPhone Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch, which models, the radio frequencies each model uses, and the country where they offer service:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

The Apple Watch GPS only can do  Everything  the cellular model can do  as long as  your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is somewhere in the same 3-4 bedroom home (assuming typical wood frame construction).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2020 3:17 PM in response to Gavin667

To be very clear. You Must have an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer to use an Apple Watch. The Apple Watch is an iPhone accessory.

The cellular models share the iPhone's phone number. iPhone carriers that support the Apple Watch will charge a monthly fee to share the iPhone phone number. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month added to the iPhone monthly bill.

iPhone Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch, which models, the radio frequencies each model uses, and the country where they offer service:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

The Apple Watch GPS only can do  Everything  the cellular model can do  as long as  your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is somewhere in the same 3-4 bedroom home (assuming typical wood frame construction).

Do I have to own a phone for Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.