You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying refurbished with trade in

I want to buy a refurbished Mac and trade in my old one, but there’s no “add trade-in” option for me when I’m adding it into my cart like it would for a new Mac. I know I can trade in my Mac separately but that would mean I have to trade it in first to get the credit, then I can buy the new one. I would have to wait 2-3 weeks without a laptop, and I wouldn’t be able to transfer all the stuff on my my old Mac to the new one.

I want to get the new Mac, set it up, then send them my old one to get the refund. Does anyone know if it’s possible?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 12:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 4:21 PM

Given the lower values assigned to used trade-in macs, if yours is in good or better condition

there may be better upside by reselling it yourself. There may be independent authorized Mac

resellers who may allow consignment sales in stores; online ads may do OK, with usual cautions.

With backups for your files, on external storage (and Time Machine backups too)

a migration of your own created works could be in useful archive for re-use later.

• What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2020 4:21 PM in response to rosabel128

Given the lower values assigned to used trade-in macs, if yours is in good or better condition

there may be better upside by reselling it yourself. There may be independent authorized Mac

resellers who may allow consignment sales in stores; online ads may do OK, with usual cautions.

With backups for your files, on external storage (and Time Machine backups too)

a migration of your own created works could be in useful archive for re-use later.

• What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

Buying refurbished with trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.