Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock iPad

Hi all,

I’m in a conundrum. I have inherited an iPad at work I need to unblock but it was setup to the previous owners work email (now left the business) - I have contacted him and he doesn’t remember his password.

So I put the iPad in recovery mode and restored it. Unfortunately on his old account (which is no longer accessible), he has activated find my iPhone, so I need an activation unlock which he does not have.

Is there anyone to bypass the activation lock? Any help would be appreciated, I feel I’ve exhausted all other options.

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 2:02 AM

No, sorry, you can’t bypass the Activation Lock. It would be a pretty rubbish and utterly pointless security measure if you could - wouldn’t it?

To remove the Activation Lock, you need access to the AppleID account that was used to set it. Without it, you have “inherited” an example of Apple’s rather minimalist industrial design.

Here is the Apple Support article that describes the only method by which the Activation Lock can be removed:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201441

Sorry, whilst we can’t (and Apple won’t) assist you, I hope this has at least been helpful in establishing your options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 2:02 AM in response to Jwalsh1993

No, sorry, you can’t bypass the Activation Lock. It would be a pretty rubbish and utterly pointless security measure if you could - wouldn’t it?

To remove the Activation Lock, you need access to the AppleID account that was used to set it. Without it, you have “inherited” an example of Apple’s rather minimalist industrial design.

Here is the Apple Support article that describes the only method by which the Activation Lock can be removed:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201441

Sorry, whilst we can’t (and Apple won’t) assist you, I hope this has at least been helpful in establishing your options.

Unlock iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.