Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X sound

Ok, so I am using an iPhone X and my phone has no sound. Sometimes everything is fine, but then it starts to make a crackling/distort sound and it is gone. Also, when this happens, my phone starts to bug and it can not load videos, apps, apple music, I can not hear anyone when speaking on speaker. Also, whats unusual, volume slide is moving itself, but when my sound comes back, everything goes back to normal I can use my phone properly with no problems. I wonder what is the problem I am dealing with? Is this an OS problem, or hardware or other? I don not know what to do.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 5:11 AM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2020 3:56 PM in response to eddieiPX

Hello eddieiPX,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with volume and sound and your iPhone not working as expected. To help isolate this, use your Mac or PC to backup and restore your iOS software to factory settings, as this process erases the information and settings on your device and installs a fresh copy of the latest iOS software. Temporarily set up your phone as new to test your issues, and then restore your back up and test the issues again.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Cheers!

iPhone X sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.