Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad help

My iPad is not working properly. Every time I pick an app it kicks back to the main page. It is updated to 13 but something is wrong. Could anyone help?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 6:36 AM

2 replies

Jan 19, 2020 6:58 AM in response to Scramblemama

It would help to know which iPad you have. There have been a number of reports in this community about the iPad Air 2 slowing down and having problems with iOS 13.3.

In any event, your iPad is crashing for some reason. The first thing that I would try is a forced restart. That may not do anything, but it won’t hurt and it’s a first step in troubleshooting.

To force restart.

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn’t help, the next step would be to backup, erase the device, and then restore the backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If that doesn’t work, backup again, restore your device using iTunes so that a fresh copy of the iOS is installed, then restore the backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

The other steps are covered in the links above.

If that fails, restore again using iTunes but do not restore the backup. Restore as new. If you still have problems it’s time to take the iPad to an Apple Store and ask for their help.

Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

iPad help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.