Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot move audiobook(from CD) from Music to Books

1. I have copied some audiobooks from CD into my iMac. It is shown in the music folder with the category "Spoken & Audio".
  2. The "Media Kind" dropdown menu only has "Music" as an option so I cannot change it to audiobook.
  3. In the Books app when I try the "Move Audiobooks from iTunes . . ." menu option it tells me that I don't have any books in iTunes to move.

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 8:22 PM

Hey SisyphusUp,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're running into some trouble getting your audiobooks into the Books app. I'd be glad to see how I can assist.

Let's get started by looking over Import books, audiobooks, or PDFs in Books on Mac just to make sure that you took the same steps the first time you attempted to get those audiobooks into the Books app. If not, give them a try and see if the import is successful. You can use the steps provided in that article to import them from anywhere on your computer.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 8:22 PM in response to SisyphusUp

Hey SisyphusUp,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're running into some trouble getting your audiobooks into the Books app. I'd be glad to see how I can assist.

Let's get started by looking over Import books, audiobooks, or PDFs in Books on Mac just to make sure that you took the same steps the first time you attempted to get those audiobooks into the Books app. If not, give them a try and see if the import is successful. You can use the steps provided in that article to import them from anywhere on your computer.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Cannot move audiobook(from CD) from Music to Books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.