You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Ipad Air and pen

I have the Ipad Air and I was wondering if the Apple pen works for this device. I have read online and it says only compatible with the ipad pro but someone else said that it works so I just want to make sure before I buy the pen

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 9:51 AM

The original iPad Air and Air 2 are not compatible with the Apple Pencil. Neither of these models have the necessary screen hardware.

However, the current (i.e., 2019 - 3rd Generation) iPad Air is compatible with the original (1st Generation) Apple Pencil.

I hope you find this clarification to be helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2020 9:51 AM in response to randi192

The original iPad Air and Air 2 are not compatible with the Apple Pencil. Neither of these models have the necessary screen hardware.

However, the current (i.e., 2019 - 3rd Generation) iPad Air is compatible with the original (1st Generation) Apple Pencil.

I hope you find this clarification to be helpful.

Apple Ipad Air and pen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.