Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no voice memos app

Why isn't there a voice memos app on my apple watch? When I first got it, it was there, but now it's gone! When I try to download it on my phone it says "OPEN", as if I already have it on the apple watch. What is wrong?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 2:03 PM

7 replies

Jan 22, 2020 8:37 AM in response to Plootypus

Greetings, Plootypus.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are missing the Voice Memo’s app on your Apple Watch. I’m happy to lend a hand. 

You mentioned that you searched the App Store on your iPhone for Voice Memos. Did you also search the App Store on your Apple Watch?

Learn how to directly install apps on your Apple Watch, here: Install apps on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Best wishes. 

Jan 22, 2020 6:36 PM in response to Plootypus

Hello, Plootypus.

Thanks for letting me know that your App Store is missing too. I suggest that ensure that the App Store is available in your region: Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

If so, please restart your iPhone and Apple Watch:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, create a backup of your Apple Watch. Then unpair and repair your watch.

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Please let me know the outcome.

Cheers. 

no voice memos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.