Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore from Mac only gmail

Can I restore just my gmail only from my Mac and nothing else from a recent backup I have done. Iphone 11

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 2:24 PM

Thanks for clarifying.

Help_me-59 wrote:

i have a recent backup on my MacBook Pro.

I think you mean you backed up your iPhone into your Mac using Finder (or iTunes, if you’re not using MacOS Catalina).

I was hoping to only backup my gmail box...

I think you mean you’re trying to restore your gmail messages from this iPhone backup.

First of all, you cannot restore part of an iPhone backup. You restore it all, or restore none of it.

Secondly, email messages are not stored in an iPhone backup, as they are presumably housed and backed up elsewhere. In this case, check gmail online at their website. Perhaps you have set up a delay in their emptying your trash (or archive) folder.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 2:24 PM in response to Help_me-59

Thanks for clarifying.

Help_me-59 wrote:

i have a recent backup on my MacBook Pro.

I think you mean you backed up your iPhone into your Mac using Finder (or iTunes, if you’re not using MacOS Catalina).

I was hoping to only backup my gmail box...

I think you mean you’re trying to restore your gmail messages from this iPhone backup.

First of all, you cannot restore part of an iPhone backup. You restore it all, or restore none of it.

Secondly, email messages are not stored in an iPhone backup, as they are presumably housed and backed up elsewhere. In this case, check gmail online at their website. Perhaps you have set up a delay in their emptying your trash (or archive) folder.

Restore from Mac only gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.