Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 10s max has a hard time charging and if the cord moves, the phone stops charging. I thought my phone was messed up but I just read that this is a common issue. How should I go about this with Apple?

My iPhone 10s max has a hard time charging and if the cord moves, the phone stops charging. I thought my phone was messed up but I just read that this is a common issue. How should I go about this with Apple? Is this something they would warranty without Apple care?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 9:58 PM

What happens when you try another cable? Try with a different cable and preferably an Apple Lightning Cable that is not worn out or not more than a year old. If that solves it then the issue is the cable and not the iPhone. Try plugging the cable into a different wall outlet to rule that out. Thanks.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 9:58 PM in response to D_Dog

What happens when you try another cable? Try with a different cable and preferably an Apple Lightning Cable that is not worn out or not more than a year old. If that solves it then the issue is the cable and not the iPhone. Try plugging the cable into a different wall outlet to rule that out. Thanks.

Axel F.

My iPhone 10s max has a hard time charging and if the cord moves, the phone stops charging. I thought my phone was messed up but I just read that this is a common issue. How should I go about this with Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.