Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having the screen of an iphone to rotate when the iphone is turned upside down

Hi,

I have an iPhone 8 and I have a regular stand to put it on. The problem is it is a basic stand and therefore I cannot charge the iphone when it is on the stand because the lightning connector is in contact with the stand.

Thus I would like to be able to charge the iphone when it is on the stand by turning the iphone upside down in order to have to the home button and the ligthning connector facing up.

The only problem by doing that is that when I use the iphone, I haven't found where is located the feature that allows the screen to rotate when the iphone is turned upside down (provided that there is any of course!).

Does anyone know about that by any chance?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards!

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 7:50 AM

To my knowledge, that's possible on iPads only (180° rotation) .

I asked you to send a pic of your stand, because I had one a few years ago and it didn't have a curved profile on the left side (that part was straight), so I could keep my stand in a different position (practically resting on that straight part), and I didn't need any screen rotation.

Also, current iPhone models have Face ID (instead of Touch ID), and face recognition doesent work if the iPhone is not in "portrait" position.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand me.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 7:50 AM in response to Dr-Chemist

To my knowledge, that's possible on iPads only (180° rotation) .

I asked you to send a pic of your stand, because I had one a few years ago and it didn't have a curved profile on the left side (that part was straight), so I could keep my stand in a different position (practically resting on that straight part), and I didn't need any screen rotation.

Also, current iPhone models have Face ID (instead of Touch ID), and face recognition doesent work if the iPhone is not in "portrait" position.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand me.

Regards

Giulio

Having the screen of an iphone to rotate when the iphone is turned upside down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.