Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing music via itunes

I'm having difficulty with these instructions. MacOS Mojave, iOS 13. Trying to use the iTunes sync to transfer music to my iphone. I don't see the option to Sync All Music; my only option is Sync Voice Memos. My phone doesn't appear in Finder either.

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 9:36 AM

You have iCloud Music Library turned on. You cannot sync directly with iTunes when that option is turned on.

iCloud Music Library negates the need to sync your music directly since it uploads anything on your Mac to iCloud and lets you access it from your other devices directly. This is a feature of your Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription.

If you want to sync instead of using iCloud Music Library, then turn it off: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 9:36 AM in response to jstemarie1

You have iCloud Music Library turned on. You cannot sync directly with iTunes when that option is turned on.

iCloud Music Library negates the need to sync your music directly since it uploads anything on your Mac to iCloud and lets you access it from your other devices directly. This is a feature of your Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription.

If you want to sync instead of using iCloud Music Library, then turn it off: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Syncing music via itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.