Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can‘t find the download option for films in the iOS App. It is there in the iPadOS App. Is that normal?

Downloading films is possible on macOS, iPadOS and even Windows, but seems to be impossible on iOS. The cloud symbol is nowhere shown In the Apple TV App. What can I do?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 3:26 PM

We use Family Sharing and I am the organizer. We got the free one year subscription to Apple TV +. I just checked on my wife’s iPhone and when I go into the TV App and pick one of the shows, there is a download icon at the bottom right corner of every thumbnail episode.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2020 3:26 PM in response to b-uru

We use Family Sharing and I am the organizer. We got the free one year subscription to Apple TV +. I just checked on my wife’s iPhone and when I go into the TV App and pick one of the shows, there is a download icon at the bottom right corner of every thumbnail episode.

Jan 20, 2020 11:15 AM in response to b-uru

Where exactly in the TV App are you viewing the films and looking for the download button?

If you are finding them through the normal search in the store it may sometimes not show the download button.

If you go through the Library section, to find your own purchases, it always has the download icon for me.

Which one is missing the download icon exactly?

Jan 22, 2020 3:10 PM in response to Phil0124

Thank you very much for your reply. I think I now understand a bit more. The problem seems to occur only when using family sharing which does not show up correctly on iOS and iPadOS. Then using the library is not possible. On macOS and Windows family purchases are shown and everything works fine. I guess this difference in behavior is not intended. It just doesn't make sense to restrict downloads on mobile devices while allowing them on computes. But I can't find a way of changing it.

I can‘t find the download option for films in the iOS App. It is there in the iPadOS App. Is that normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.